White Ribbon Ambassadors are men who recognise the importance of men taking responsibility and playing a leadership role in preventing men’s violence against women.
White Ribbon Ambassadors are formal representatives of White Ribbon Australia who have the knowledge, skills, attributes and determination to influence Australian men to critically evaluate their attitudes and behaviours toward women.
To become a White Ribbon Ambassador you must demonstrate that you:
- Stand up, speak out and act to prevent men's violence against women*
- Have an understanding of the issue of men’s violence against women, its causes and the importance of male responsibility in preventing such violence
- Actively practice and promote gender equity
- Currently engage and influence men in the prevention of men’s violence against women
- Have undertaken the formal Ambassador approval process including:
- Completion of First Steps: key knowledge and skills for White Ribbon Ambassadors online training.
- Referee checks
Ambassadors represent White Ribbon in their communities by undertaking some of the following activities that suit their knowledge, skills, networks and availability:
- Wearing their Ambassador pin and engaging in regular conversations with men about preventing men’s violence against women
- Hosting, funding, speaking and/or attending White Ribbon awareness raising and fundraising events
- Professional and personal networking to expand the reach of the White Ribbon message
- Speaking with local, national and/or international media in accordance with White Ribbon Australia’s Media Policy
- Promoting the White Ribbon message through social media in accordance with White Ribbon Australia’s Media Policy
- Active community and corporate fundraising to support the ongoing work of White Ribbon in the community
- Promoting community involvement in White Ribbon Program areas including the Breaking the Silence Schools Program and White Ribbon Workplace Program
- Identifying and encouraging partnership opportunities
- Completing an annual online re-commitment
Click here to download a copy of the White Ribbon Ambassador Role Description.
Please contact White Ribbon Australia on 02 9045 8444 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about becoming a White Ribbon Ambassador.
White Ribbon is committed to reflecting the diversity of the Australian community and encourages all Australian men committed to preventing men’s violence against women to become White Ribbon Ambassadors.
To provide feedback on our Ambassadors please download the form here.