White Ribbon response to Victorian Royal Commission into Family Violence Report and Recommendations
White Ribbon Australia (White Ribbon) has formally responded to the findings of the Victorian Royal Commission into Family Violence (The Commission), released on 30 March 2016.
The White Ribbon response:
- Affirms and commends the findings of The Commission and its emphasis on a whole-of-community approach to primary prevention in Victoria.
- Urges the Victorian Government to avoid adopting strategies, practices and policies that duplicate existing efforts.
- Promotes investment in established and proven initiatives for effective and efficient implementation of the 227 recommendations.
- Outlines the work, reach and outcomes of White Ribbon Campaigns and Programs.
- Alerts The Commission to errors in the report about White Ribbon
The purpose of the comments is to contribute to the plan of the Victorian Government to implement all 227 recommendations made by the Commission. Read White Ribbon’s response here.
For media interviews contact Sally Burleigh: Sally@sbpr.com.au and 0419 516 889