Australian workplaces stand up to violence against women
White Ribbon is proud to announce the accreditation of 21 workplaces.
This March a further 21 workplaces from across Australia have achieved White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation following 18 months of comprehensive development and training to create a safer and more respectful workplace.
Reaching over 600,000 employees since 2012, the internationally recognised White Ribbon Accreditation Program assesses workplaces against 15 compulsory criteria under three standards. Each workplace demonstrates effective leadership, resource allocation, communication, HR policy development and training, supporting employees to be respectful across all areas of business.
In Australia, one in five women experience harassment within the workplace. White Ribbon Workplaces are committed to changing workplace culture to prevent abuse of and violence against women.
This cohort of newly accredited White Ribbon Workplaces brings the total number of accredited Australian workplaces to 166, with a further 80 organisations working toward accreditation.
Accreditation as a ‘White Ribbon Workplace’ results from the independent assessment of documented evidence of policy and practice against White Ribbon Australia’s Workplace Accreditation Framework. Accreditation lasts for three years.
Recent findings commissioned by White Ribbon Australia and evaluated by KPMG found that the Workplace Accreditation Program demonstrates the positive impact of evidence-based prevention strategies involving polices, procedures, education and training, in improving attitudes and behaviours to prevent violence against women and drive gender equality.
Newly Accredited Workplaces
- Fox Sports Australia
- City of Port Adelaide Enfield
- Rio Tinto
- Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Benestar Group (formerly Davidson Trahaire Corpsych)
- Northern Health
- St Vincent De Paul Society (SA) Inc
- Anglicare SA
- Thorn Group (Corporate Office)
- Thorn Business Finance (Cash Resources Australia, Thorn Equipment Finance)
- Thorn Rental – Radio Rentals, RR, RR Rentlo Reinvented (SA)
- VIC Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
- VIC Department of Health and Human Services