Community engagement is an integral part of the movement to eliminate gendered violence.
Local communities are supported by White Ribbon Committees, Ambassadors & Advocates and Partners to develop community initiatives that mobilise the movement and activate change to eliminate gendered violence.
White Ribbon Australia encourages men in our communities to talk about the complexities that shape attitudes and behaviours that contribute to violence against women and to be catalyst for change.
White Ribbon Australia recognises there are diverse communities. Communities that relate to where people live and communities that share a common interest.
There are a range of community engagement activities including:
• Mobilising your community to get involved
• Raising awareness
• Participating in campaigns and preventative programs
• Becoming a Community Partner
• Joining a local committee
• Coordinating and/or participating in fundraising activities