We need you to act. Preventing violence and abuse towards women can begin by taking the next steps:
- Understand the issue. Take a look at our Resource Dashboard.
- Download and understand the STOP toolkit.
- Buy a White Ribbon and wear it in solidarity and use it as a discussion starter in your community.
- Become a White Ribbon Australia Community Partner.
- Talk with your Human Resources Department and Executive about becoming White Ribbon Australia Workplace Accredited.
- Start a Community Action Group.
We are all responsible for changing the attitudes and societal practises that promote violence against women. We must put a stop to a society that tolerates disrespect, sexual harassment, and assault, as well as rigid gender stereotypes and power structures. It is past time for us to unite behind broad-based programmes, reconsider our attitudes towards abuse and violence, and recognise that gender disparity exists and that males continue to benefit from it.