Ambassador Program Coordinator – Community Engagement & Development
This full time role contributes to the development, implementation and sustainability of the Ambassador Program’s Vision and Strategy of White Ribbon Australia.
Through education, awareness-raising, creative campaigns, prevention programs and partnerships, White Ribbon Australia promotes the positive role men can play in preventing men’s violence against women. We equip men from a wide range of backgrounds with the necessary knowledge and resources to be active advocates for changing the social norms, attitudes and behaviours that are at the root of men’s violence against women.
The core responsibilities of the Ambassador Program Coordinator are:
- Support the planning, development and coordination of the Ambassador Program
- Ensure implementation of the plan, policy and procedures
- Coordinates the ongoing development of the ambassador journey in conjunction with the Advocate Program and Supporter Journey
- Support the ongoing development of a structured educational strategy for ambassadors in line with other initiatives across the portfolio
- Enhance and maintain Ambassador Program records, data management and reporting systems inclusive of any budgetary requirements
- Support the effective internal communications and integration of Ambassador Program Strategy and operations across other relevant White Ribbon portfolios
- Coordinate the recruitment process of prospective White Ribbon Ambassadors.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse. Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage– courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity– ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect– compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration– working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership– leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace culture where all our staff are valued and recognised for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives. We acknowledge the skills and perspectives that people may bring to the workplace by gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or other difference. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion which supports all employees to reach their full potential. Our commitment is demonstrated through workplace diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and initiatives.
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least 4 years administrative and program coordination experience including experience working across competing and intersecting projects.
- Sound knowledge of administrative systems and procedures, and high level of proficiency with office technology.
- High level of skills in relationship building among stakeholders from diverse cultures, professions, ages and needs.
- Experience in complex problem solving and ability to work in fast-paced working environment.
- An ability to balance competing projects and adapt to shifting team priorities and workloads changes.
- Commitment to achieving high quality, strategic and innovative results.
- An ability to work effectively within a team environment and autonomously.
- High level of initiative and ‘can do’ attitude.
- High level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and data management systems.
- High level attention to detail and ensuring accuracy.
- Willingness to travel.
- A commitment to gender equality and influencing social justice issues to achieve gender equality.
- A commitment to supporting inclusive practices that enhance access to programs for people from CALD or ATSI backgrounds.
- A sound understanding of the nature, incidence and prevention strategies involved in addressing men’s violence against women and within a feminist framework.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly to fulfil both individual and team performance.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business/program administration, Project Management, Social Science/Research or equivalent.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience in DFV sector and understanding of risk management in this setting
- Experience of working directly with male engagement in a community work setting.
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Development, Sociology, Human Rights or equivalent.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: White Ribbon Ambassador Program Coordinator – Community Engagement & Development via White Ribbon Australia.
Application closes 9am Monday 3 September 2018.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This full time role is based in North Sydney. The salary band is from $65k – $80K inclusive 9.5% superannuation