Ambassadors Only: Elder Abuse
- [Website] Queensland Government ‘There’s no excuse for elder abuse’ campaign (2017) Queensland.
- [Website] Australian Law Reform Commission, Elder Abuse Inquiry (2016) ALRC, Canberra.
- [Website] Elder Abuse Prevention Unit (2014) EAPU and UnitingCare Community, Queensland.
- [Website] Seniors Rights Victoria (2008) Victoria.
- [Website] Alliance for the Prevention of Elder Abuse: Western Australia (2017) Western Australia.
- [Toolkit] Online Elder Abuse Tool Kit
- [News article] Nelson, L (2017) ‘Gold Coast community legal centres have seen massive growth in elderly people seeking advice’, The Courier Mail (5 March)
**If subscription issues prevent you from viewing this article, access the article by entering the title into a search engine**
- [Report] Spike, C. (2015) ‘The EAPU Helpline: Results of an investigation of five years of call data. Elder Abuse Prevention Unit’, UnitingCare Community.
- [Video] Mickey Rooney’s emotional testimony on elder abuse (2011) CBS.
“Actor Mickey Rooney testified before a Senate committee that he has suffered from elder abuse.”
- [Video] Financial Elder Abuse – Australia’s Silent Affliction (2016) Fire Films.
- [Video] Elder Abuse ABC 7.30 (2016) ABC.
“Elder abuse in nursing home. Aired on Australia’s ABC 7.30 program 25 July 16.”
- [Podcast] Elder abuse: the silent domestic violence (2016) ABC RN.
“Moving an older parent into your home can be a happy solution for many families, but for some of the parents, the loss of independence can be painful.
But imagine if the child takes advantage of the access to mum or dad’s money, or they start to find excuses to yell at, or even hit, this now annoying, diminished house member.Elder abuse is yet another form of domestic violence.
But talking about it is taboo, and the fear of being sent to a nursing home keeps the victim quiet.”
Subscribe for updates from White Ribbon