Bookkeeper and Finance Support Officer (PT)
This flexible part-time role (25-30 hours) provides professional development and support to the White Ribbon Australia Shared Services Team.
The bookkeeper must have a solid background in accounting and will be responsible for the billing of customers, processing of customer receipts, account management and debt collection, payment of supplier bills, bank reconciliations and generation of monthly reports.
|White Ribbon Vision and Purpose|
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least 3 years’ experience using MYOB (AccountRight) accounting software.
- High level experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- High-level knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Good knowledge of data management and financial data analysis.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable in MYOB accounting software, coding to appropriate accounts.
- Prepare cheques, payments and bank deposits.
- Transfer data to general ledger and reconcile and balance all accounts monthly.
- Draw up financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet).
- Self-directed, highly motivated, reliable.
- The desire to work in a fast paced environment with a positive attitude.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills; high level of initiative.
- High level attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly to fulfil individual and team performance.
- Bookkeeping Certification.
- Strong sense of drive and resilience. Action and result oriented with a strong sense of ownership.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- An associate degree in accounting, finance or business an advantage.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Bookkeeper and Finance Support Officer via White Ribbon Australia.
Application closes 9am Monday 20 February 2017.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.