Advocate Program Manager (maternity cover)
This Fixed Term Contract Maternity Cover (until 31 May 2019) will contribute to the development, implementation and sustainability of the Advocates Program’s Vision and Strategy of White Ribbon Australia. White Ribbon Advocates are female representatives of White Ribbon who promote gender equality, respectful relationships and the engagement of men in order to see a nation in which every woman lives in safety, free from men’s violence and abuse.
The Advocate Program Manager is responsible for the development, management and resourcing of the Advocate Program and Supporter journey, to educate and equip participants to promote gender equality, respectful relationships and the engagement of men in order to see an Australian society in which all women can live in safety, free from men’s violence and abuse. This role also oversees the management of unpaid internships within White Ribbon Australia Head Office.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage– courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity– ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect– compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration– working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership– leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
Essential Selection Criteria
- Over 5 year’s program administrative experience, including at a management level and working with executive teams.
- Strong relationship building.
- Efficient, creative thinking and problem solving, independent decision making ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a positive interpersonal attitude at all times.
- High level of maturity, sensitivity and empathy in dealing with survivors of trauma.
- Proven ability to establish professional networks and manage large groups of people.
- High standard of competency in all Microsoft Office applications and experience in in-house data base operations.
- High level attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly to fulfil individual and team performance.
- Ability to work outside of normal hours if required by events.
- An understanding of WH & S principles in the workplace.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- Certificate IV in Business Administration or equivalent/ equivalent work experience.
- Other related qualifications e.g. event management, volunteer management, communication.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: White Ribbon Advocates Program Manager via White Ribbon Australia.
Application closes 9am Tuesday 20 March 2018. Interviews will be scheduled for Thursday 22 March 2018.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This Fixed Term Contract Maternity Cover (until 31 May 2019) is based in North Sydney. The salary band is from FTE $70k – FTE $80K inclusive 9.5% superannuation.