Communications Officer (PT)
The Communications Officer’s 3 day role is to support development, implementation and management of the Communications Program to effectively position White Ribbon in the external environment and in accordance with the Strategic Framework.
To manage the day to day operations of media and communications’ activities and effectively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
White Ribbon Vision:
A nation that respects women, and in which every woman can live in safety, free from all forms of men’s violence.
White Ribbon Purpose:
Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least 5 years’ experience and demonstrated high level achievement in a communications and public relations role.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills including the capacity to write for use across a range of online and offline communication platforms and social marketing mediums.
- Experience in writing media releases, EDM’s and marketing material.
- Proven experience in creating content and maintenance for websites.
- Proven experience in managing stakeholder engagement.
- Strong technical skills in digital and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and various monitoring tools.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills; high level of initiative.
- High level attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly to fulfil individual and team performance.
- Willingness to work and travel outside of business hours.
- High level time management skills including in handling multiple, simultaneous tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to connect with people.
- Ability to analyse and translate data into actionable outcomes.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations and media.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience in content writing for fundraising activities.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- Other related qualifications e.g. business administration.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Communications Officer via White Ribbon Australia.
We would like to commence interviewing in the week of 02 October 2017.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This 3 day part time role, with a potential to become a full time role, is based in North Sydney and the salary band is from FTE$60K – $75K (inclusive 9.5% superannuation).