Workplace Operations Assistant
Make a difference!
Are you an experienced executive assistant or operations assistant looking for a new challenge, more aligned with your personal values? Do you believe in gender equality and that all people should be able to live free from violence and abuse? Are you great at Salesforce and keeping a small team organised?
Domestic and family violence is a major issue in Australia, and White Ribbon is looking to create lasting, measurable change to foster a nation that respects women, where women, and their children, can live in safety, free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Are you determined to get things done? Can you juggle multiple priorities and still keep things on schedule? We need a very organised, capable, detail-oriented Operations Assistant with great Salesforce skills to support our team, who run a globally recognised Workplace Accreditation Program within Australia. Is it you?
It’s a good job – varied and interesting. It includes co-ordinating, co-hosting and scheduling events such as webinars and accreditation launches, budget tracking and reporting to the senior leadership team, working closely with the program advisors and assisting their clients, keeping toolkits and client-facing materials up to date, managing the Workplaces inbox and inbound leads, running sales reports and more. You would report to the Workplace Program Manager and your key relationships with be with the workplace advisors. Strong experience using the Salesforce CRM is essential: we’re looking for someone to turn to when we need a hand.
Sound like it might be for you? Reach out – we’d love to meet you.
The role provides operational and administrative support to the White Ribbon Australia Workplace Accreditation Program team. You will help ensure day-to-day operations are running to timetable smoothly, and support the team in achieving their key strategic and operational outcomes.
White Ribbon Vision
A nation that respects women, and in which every woman can live in safety, free from all forms of men’s violence.
White Ribbon Purpose
Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values
- Courage– courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity– ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect– compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration– working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership– leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace culture where all our staff are valued and recognised for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives. We acknowledge the skills and perspectives that people may bring to the workplace by gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or other difference. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
White Ribbon Australia offers EAP, eight weeks parental leave for all employees, and flexible work arrangements.
We are committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion which supports all employees to reach their full potential. Our commitment is demonstrated through workplace diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and initiatives.
About the Program
The Workplace Program provides a sustainable platform for Australian workplaces to raise awareness and understanding of the issues surrounding violence against women with the aim of changing attitudes and behaviours that allow it to occur in our communities. We provide workplaces with guidance developing tools to respond effectively to incidents, whether they occur internal or external to the workplace, and information needed to prevent abuse and manage incidents of gender-based violence, sexual harassment, misconduct and bullying.
The program supports businesses, Government, and not-for-profits and through it we can reach hundreds of thousands of Australian workers and change their lives. The program already has more than 600 organisations on-board, with staff sizes from four to tens of thousands.
The Workplace Accreditation Program is internationally recognised and has reached over 600,000 employees nationally. The program has been independently evaluated and referenced by a group of HR, human rights, domestic violence and education professionals, ensuring a best-practice product.
- 166 accredited workplaces nationally
- 80 participating organisations
- The program has reached over 600,000 employees nationally
The Workplace Program aims to inspire and provide a sustainable platform for Australian workplaces to achieve the following:
- To raise awareness and understanding of the issues surrounding violence against women with the aim of changing attitudes and behaviours that allow it to occur in our communities;
- To provide workplaces with the tools to respond effectively to incidents, whether they occur internal or external to the workplace.
Essential selection criteria
- Demonstrated experience in program management and operational support
- Ability to provide comprehensive support to the development and implementation of program operations
- Excellent oral and written, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated experience in administrative duties, data management support and reporting (Salesforce)
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and control own workload to achieve outcomes within prescribed timeframes, both of which may change with short notice
- High level of initiative particularly with regard to continuous improvement and innovation around business processes
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly to fulfil individual and team performance
- High standard of competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- High level attention to detail
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences, Project/Program Management or equivalent, or relevant work based
- Other related qualifications e.g. communications.
Please find the full job description here
How to Apply
- Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Workplace Program Officer via White Ribbon Australia website.
- We would like to fill the position as soon as possible.
- This 4-5 day role is based in North Sydney.
- All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.