Community Engagement Officer | East Perth (WA)
This newly created role will be a four day role over two years based in East Perth (WA). The Community Engagement Officer | Western Australia will support the development and implementation of White Ribbon’s community engagement strategy in Western Australia, providing localised expression to White Ribbon’s national and whole of community approach to violence prevention.
The core responsibilities of this role are to:
- Develop and implement state-based White Ribbon Australia community engagement strategy
- Coordinate and support White Ribbon Committees and associated Action Groups
- Support and facilitate integration of initiatives undertaken by Committees, Ambassadors, Advocates, Workplaces, Schools and the broader community
- Represent White Ribbon at relevant sector engagements, representative groups and strategic events
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships at the state, regional and local level
- Support White Ribbon portfolios to assist effective program implementation across the State
- Maintain systems and mechanisms which enhance integration of White Ribbon’s work across the broader community and sector prevention activity
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least 3 years administrative and/or program implementation experience including experience working across competing and intersecting projects.
- Proven experience in relationship building and management among stakeholders from diverse cultures, professions, ages and needs.
- Ability to balance competing projects and adapt to shifting priorities within a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven experience in managing high-level stakeholders and community engagement/project strategy, including complex problem solving.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and remotely, as well as part of a team.
- High level of initiative and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Willingness to travel.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning.
- A passion for gender equality and influencing social justice issues to achieve gender equality.
- A commitment to supporting inclusive practices that enhance access to programs for people from CALD or ATSI backgrounds.
- A sound understanding of the nature, incidence and prevention strategies involved in addressing men’s violence against women and. understanding these within a feminist framework.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business/program administration, Project Management, Social Science/Research or equivalent.
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Policy and/or Project Management.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- Experience working in regional and remote communities.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Straight Island and CALD communities, within a community development context in particular.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Community Engagement Officer | Western Australia via White Ribbon Australia.
Interviews will take place in East Perth 6004 (WA) on Feb 15 and 16 ( 15th – 09am – 12pm, 16th – 02 – 05pm)
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This four day role is based in East Perth 6004 (WA) for two years and the salary band is from $60K – $64K (FTE $75k – FTE $80k inclusive 9.5% superannuation).