Diversity and Inclusion Project Officer (Melbourne)
This role is based in Melbourne and is a casual position (2 days per week) for up to June 2019. As part of the Community Engagement and Development team, this position is responsible for driving positive social change among men from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities. This position will provide support and mentoring services to emerging CALD leaders to spread the message that violence against women is not acceptable. This includes assisting them to develop and execute action plans for community engagement and education.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage– courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity– ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect– compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration– working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership– leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace culture where all our staff are valued and recognised for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives. We acknowledge the skills and perspectives that people may bring to the workplace by gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or other difference. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion which supports all employees to reach their full potential. Our commitment is demonstrated through workplace diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and initiatives.
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least two years’ experience in project delivery
- Understanding of causes and impact of violence against women and the prevention strategies
- Understanding of specific nature of violence against women within CALD communities and the measures to address these
- Understanding of the role of men in preventing violence against women
- Tertiary qualification in social sciences, project management or relevant discipline
- At least one year experience in working in the prevention of violence against women sector
- Experience in working with the CALD communities
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with ability to explore opportunities to engage with agencies working to prevent violence against women
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as member of the team.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Diversity and Inclusion Project Officer (Melbourne) via White Ribbon Australia.
We would like to start interviewing for this role, in the week commencing 20 August 2018.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Completing an up-to-date National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position.
Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This role is up to June 2019, 2 days per week and is based in Melbourne.
The salary band is from $26K – $32K (FTE $65k – FTE $80k inclusive 9.5% superannuation).