Diversity Intern Position (PT)
White Ribbon Internship (Volunteer Position-Diversity and Inclusion)
Part time: 2 days per week 10am to 4pm
Duration: 12 weeks with possible extension
Location: North Sydney
Start date: 12/02/19
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
• Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
• Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
• Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
• Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
• Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
White Ribbon Australia is seeking individuals who would like to undertake a voluntary internship with an organisation committed to the prevention of men’s violence against women. Internships will be appointed to various portfolios to assist with data management, research and general program implementation.
Australia is one of the most diverse countries in the world. Diversity and inclusion is an important part of our way of life. Diversity doesn’t just mean different ethnicities, races and religions, but includes gender, sexuality, age, abilities, perspectives, social and economic backgrounds, life experiences and all other aspects that makes someone unique. White Ribbon Australia celebrates and embraces diversity in all its forms.
Inclusion puts diversity into action, by creating an environment of involvement and respect. White Ribbon Australia works to ensure that all people we engage with feel respected, supported and safe to contribute in meaningful ways. Inclusion of diverse perspectives in this social movement leads to new ideas which help drive our collective growth.
- Awareness and understanding of Diversity
- Provide administrative and project support to the White Ribbon Diversity and Inclusion Program.
- Support the organisation of workshops, community forums and other awareness and educational initiatives to drive positive cultural change amongst diversity groups e.g. CALD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, young people, elders, people with disability and LGBTIQ+ communities.
- Assist in the coordination and development of culturally appropriate resources.
- Ensure currency of the program by researching relevant and successful programs – nationally and internationally and making recommendations to incorporate them in White Ribbon Program.
How to apply for this internship:
Please address your application to Human Resources, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: White Ribbon Intern Application Diversity and Inclusion
All applicants MUST submit a cover letter, and a resume.
Please register as a supporter: www.whiteribbon.org.au/become-a-supporter
and start the online training: https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/understand-domestic-violence/free-e-learning/
Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.