Bathurst Women’s Network White Ribbon Day Morning Tea
25 November 2016
Bathurst Women’s Network is delighted to invite you to our White Ribbon Day morning tea on Friday 25th November 2016.
Our Guest Speaker – Erica Pitman – Making a difference to Domestic Violence in our community! Erica commenced as the Manager of Central West Women’s Health Centre, in April 2012. She was previously Manager Relationship Services & Counsellor at Interrelate Orange. As an experienced and passionate speaker Erica has presented at 70 conferences or speaking engagements in New Zealand & Australia and developed and facilitated over 144 workshops and training sessions. Erica is the creator of SMILES Program (Simplifying Mental Illness + Life Enhancement Skills) for children with a parent or sibling experiencing a mental health problem. and is internationally recognised as best practice by the American Journal of Orthopsychiatry 2004.
For White Ribbon Day Erica will facilitate a discussion which will provide participants with an opportunity to:
* Explore domestic & family violence
* Understand the types of domestic/family violence
* Consider the key drivers of violence against women
* Understand the impact of gender inequality and gender stereotyping
* Consider how to make a difference individually & collectively at home, in the workplace or socially.
We look forward to your support.