Beyond the Bruise: the invisible elements of domestic and family violence
28 November 2018
Domestic and family violence is more than just a headline; the actual work involved in responding to this complex issue is largely invisible and unknown.
How can we best support the sector and workforce to tackle domestic and family violence to ensure the best outcomes for families as well as maintain a sustainable workforce?
Professor Sarah Wendt will explore domestic and family violence providing participants with:
– A brief overview of Australian statistics
– The long-term consequences that largely remain hidden from view
– Details of how domestic and family violence intersects with child protection concerns
– Insights into the unique experiences of different groups of women (Aboriginal, disability, same-sex, immigrant, rural, aged, religious women)
– Research that seeks to understand the engagement of men who use violence in their intimate partner relationships.
This interesting discussion will raise questions about the future of the domestic and family violence workforce and what we expect.
Wednesday, 28 November 2018
5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Flinders University Victoria Square,
Level 1 Room 1 | 182 Victoria Square |
Adelaide, SA 5000 | Australia
Register via Eventbrite (https://brave-flinders-research-beyond-the-bruise.eventbrite.com/?aff=WhiteRibbon)
Event Price: $$0.00