Fatherhood Program Coordinator (North Sydney)
This 18 months, full time position is responsible for implementing the White Ribbon Empowering Fatherhood Program (the Program) to specifically engage men as fathers to foster positive and respectful attitudes and behaviours in future or current relationships.
Under the Third Action Plan (2016-19) of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010-2022 (the National Plan), this Program aims to:
- Engage men in their role as fathers through their interactions with White Ribbon Australia, including but not limited to events, activations, and the Ambassador Program.
- Engage and educate fathers and father figures to better understand and appreciate the importance of their (current or future) role as parents and partners; develop, maintain and role-model healthy and respectful relationships with family members; and act as positive agents of change in their communities.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least 5 years demonstrated achievement in the areas of project management, knowledge management and stakeholder management.
- Technical proficient and experience in conducting and facilitating workshops/seminars.
- A commitment to inclusive practices that enhance access to people from CALD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to services and participation in national campaigns.
- Experience imparting cultural knowledge and information to internal and external networks.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and forge connections and collaborative partnerships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds that enhance organisational goals.
- Demonstrated reflective practice and the ability to make recommendations for continuous improvement of practices.
- Ability to prioritise and work collaboratively and flexibly to fulfil individual performance and lead performance within and across organisational teams.
- Superior oral and written, interpersonal, facilitation and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to work and travel outside of hours e.g. attend stakeholder / consultation forums.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Services, Community Development and/or equivalent work experience in the same or similar field.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- Other related qualifications e.g. management, communication.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Fatherhood Program Coordinator via White Ribbon Australia.
Application closes 9am Monday 22 January 2018.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This 18 months full time role is based in North Sydney. The salary band is from $65K – $80K (inclusive 9.5% superannuation).