Finance Analyst (PT) North Sydney
This part time role provides professional financial services and support to the White Ribbon Australia Teams.
The Finance Analyst must have a solid background in management accounting and financial analysis and will be responsible for the preparation of financial reports, variance analysis, reforecast, budgets, various acquittals and other funding reporting requirements. The Finance Analyst will support and report directly into the Senior Executive of the Shared Services portfolio.
Through education, awareness-raising, creative campaigns, prevention programs and partnerships, White Ribbon Australia promotes the positive role men can play in preventing men’s violence against women. We equip men from a wide range of backgrounds with the necessary knowledge and resources to be active advocates for changing the social norms, attitudes and behaviours that are at the root of men’s violence against women.
The core responsibilities of the Finance Analyst are:
- Development and regular review of financial reporting and analysis framework.
- Preparation of monthly reports and analysis to the Board and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Preparation of quarterly reforecast information to the Board, the Audit & Risk Committee and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Producing timely, accurate and insightful analysis that clearly align financial performance results against targets and forecast incorporating key business drivers and highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Working closely and providing financial support to the budget holders to prepare organisational annual budgets.
- Preparation of acquittals and fulfilling other funding reporting requirements.
- Liaising with budget holders and other stakeholders, preparing and advising ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis tasks assigned by the Senior Executive.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage– courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity– ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect– compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration– working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership– leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace culture where all our staff are valued and recognised for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives. We acknowledge the skills and perspectives that people may bring to the workplace by gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or other difference. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion which supports all employees to reach their full potential. Our commitment is demonstrated through workplace diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and initiatives.
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least 3 years’ post qualified experience in an accounting/analysis environment.
- High level experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- High level experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office programs, especially advanced knowledge of Excel including Pivot Tables and various graphs.
- High-level knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Good knowledge of data management and financial data analysis.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, reliable.
- The desire to work in a fast paced environment with a positive attitude.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills; high level of initiative.
- High level attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly to fulfil individual and team performance.
- Strong sense of drive and resilience. Action and result oriented with a strong sense of ownership.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Commerce or Accounting or similar.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- MYOB & Salesforce experience.
- Experience in drafting finance policies and procedures.
- Experience in risk management
- Qualified CA/CPA or equivalent.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Finance Analyst via White Ribbon Australia.
Application closes 9am Monday 3 September 2018.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This 24 hour contracted role is up to end of June 2019, and is based in North Sydney. The salary band is from $39K – $45K (FTE $65k – $75K inclusive 9.5% superannuation).