Finance Manager North Sydney
This full time role provides management support to the White Ribbon Australia Shared Services (Finance) operational team, ensuring alignment in a timely and high quality manner with the financial services needs and integrity of the organisation and in relation to key stakeholders.
The Finance Manager supports financial operational systems facilitate the achievement of White Ribbon Australia’s organisational vision, core values and the implementation of the Strategic Plan.
This role supervises the Finance Officer to manage operations of the financial program and provide effective, strategic intelligence and support to the Senior Executive – Shared Services (SESS), to assist in positioning White Ribbon Australia financially, strategically and in mitigating risk.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage– courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity– ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect– compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration– working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership– leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace culture where all our staff are valued and recognised for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives. We acknowledge the skills and perspectives that people may bring to the workplace by gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or other difference. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion which supports all employees to reach their full potential. Our commitment is demonstrated through workplace diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and initiatives.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior financial management role with senior executives.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of working papers and approved budgets; ensuring grants and contracts are monitored and that reports are prepared to maintain balanced accounts.
- Well-developed knowledge of, and experience in the application of contemporary finance procedures and practices and the implementation of initiatives that meet organisational need.
- An ability to interpret legislation, regulations, Awards, Industrial Agreements together with policy and procedure.
- High level experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- High level experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office programs, especially advanced knowledge of Excel including Pivot Tables and various graphs.
- Demonstrated experience in payroll processing and management.
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and control own workload.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in contributing to a small team, including the capacity to drive change, review and improve workplace practice.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate, problem solve, promote and uphold initiatives and values, including discretion and confidentiality.
- Extensive knowledge of Financial systems such as MYOB or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of Payroll systems such as ADP or similar.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in relevant fields, such as finance, or equivalent advanced work experience.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- Other related qualifications eg administration management.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Finance Manager via White Ribbon Australia.
Application closes 9am Wednesday 26 September 2018. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 3 October 2018.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This full time, permanent role is based in North Sydney. The salary band is from $85K – $95K (inclusive 9.5% superannuation).