Finance and Risk General Manager (FT)
The role of Finance and Risk General Manager within the Shared Services Team is to provide values based strategic and operational leadership across the Finance portfolio of White Ribbon Australia to ensure the portfolio aligns with the strategic and operational needs of the organisation. It will entail providing accurate and relevant intelligence to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Senior Executive Collegiate and Board of Directors to assist in positioning White Ribbon Australia financially and in mitigating risk.
The Finance and Risk General Manager will oversee and manage the White Ribbon risk and compliance frameworks.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage– courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity– ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect– compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration– working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership– leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and demonstrated superior achievement in a related senior leadership and management role in particular respect of financial leadership and management.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management frameworks, regulatory requirements and of mitigating risk.
- Demonstrated capacity to work at the strategic leadership level and in working with a Board.
- Extensive experience in the timely preparation and presentation of reports (financial and others) at executive management and Board level.
- Demonstrated ability to forge and maintain strong and collaborative partnerships that enhance organizational capacity and sustainability.
- Superior oral and written, interpersonal, client relationship management and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly to fulfil individual and lead team performance to meet all designated key outcome indicators.
- Tertiary and certified qualifications in Finance / Accounting.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- Other related qualifications e.g. management.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Finance and Risk General Manager via White Ribbon Australia.
The interviews will take place on Thursday, 07 December 2017.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria.
Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This full time role is based in North Sydney and the salary band is from $120K – $130K (inclusive 9.5% superannuation).