Manager – Youth Engagement and Programs (FT)
As part of the Programs team, this newly created role is responsible, in collaboration with the Senior Executive – Programs, for developing and implementing White Ribbon’s Youth Engagement Strategy 2017-2019 and embedding youth targets across all areas of the organisation to enhance White Ribbon’s engagement with young people.
The Youth Engagement and Programs Manager is a new role within White Ribbon Australia responsible for enhancing White Ribbon’s Youth Engagement Strategy and the engagement of young people in the White Ribbon movement.
The role will provide strategic oversight to and operational management of youth focused initiatives to provide pathways and tools to drive positive cultural change amongst young Australians and within tertiary institutions (university/TAFE).
A full position description is attached here.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose
White Ribbon Australia is a social movement engaging primary preventative principles to bring about cultural and generational change through education. The White Ribbon Respectful Relationship Education Program in schools provides teachers with the fundamental knowledge to incorporate respectful relationships education into the curriculum and well-being framework of each individual school. This way we can influence cultural change now and generational change in the future.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values
- Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
Essential Selection Criteria
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in program management skills, including policy development, program development and planning, financial management and funding agreements/ contract management.
- Capacity to contribute to organisational strategy via the achievement of operational performance and quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of services / programs to the education and/or youth sector.
- Knowledge of pedagogical approaches and knowledge management strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, reporting and managing research and evaluation frameworks and methodologies against program objectives.
- High-level verbal and written communication and negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills particularly in presentation, facilitation and consultation.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and communicating with relevant internal and external stakeholders including a range of government, NGO, community, corporate and philanthropic organisations.
- High-level competency in the Microsoft Office and data management.
- Demonstrated flexibility, enthusiasm and resilience.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, such as Education, Social Sciences or equivalent advanced work experience.
- Knowledge of the violence against women sector.
- Sound understanding of, and experience in, social change objectives and strategies within the For Purpose sector.
- Other related qualifications eg management, communication
How to Apply
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Youth Engagement and Programs Manager via White Ribbon Australia.
We would like to fill the position as soon as possible.
This role is based in North Sydney and the salary band is from $80K – $95K (inclusive 9.5% superannuation).
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.