Merchandise Coordinator (part-time)
As part of the Marketing, Communications and Fundraising team, this part-time role is responsible for the management of the merchandise program.
- Manage the merchandise program, overseeing the administration and logistics and providing high level support across the organisation.
- Grow revenue and support ongoing market brand recognition, this role will be proactive in identifying new distribution opportunities and will develop strategies to support growth in merchandising income.
- Develop and implement streamlined processes to ensure an efficient and effective merchandise program is delivered across the organisation.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage– courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity– ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect– compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration– working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership– leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace culture where all our staff are valued and recognised for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives. We acknowledge the skills and perspectives that people may bring to the workplace by gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or other difference. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion which supports all employees to reach their full potential. Our commitment is demonstrated through workplace diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and initiatives.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in merchandise development, implementation and sourcing.
- Managing quotes and sampling process, procurement and approvals, liaising with merchandise supplier on timelines, prototypes and delivery.
- Capacity to work with financial data and related operational systems like Shopify and Salesforce.
- Experience working with inventory systems and with external distributors of merchandise.
- Well-developed organisational and administrative skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and control own workload.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in contributing to a small team, including the capacity to review and improve workplace practice.
- High standard of competency in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- The desire to work in a fast paced environment, an ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a positive interpersonal attitude.
- High level of initiative and problem solving skill capacity.
- Strong relationship building and an ability to work cooperatively and flexibly to fulfil individual and team performance.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- Sales qualifications
- IT qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in the areas of finance and business administration.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Merchandise Coordinator via White Ribbon Australia.
Application closes 9am Monday 24 September 2018.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This 16 hour contracted role is up to end of June 2019, and is based in North Sydney. The salary band is from $26K – $32K (FTE $65k – $FTE $80K inclusive 9.5% superannuation).