National Sales Representative for Workplaces
Make your mark!
Are you passionate about social justice and making a difference? Do you believe in equality and that all people should be able to live free from violence? Are you an experienced and confident sales representative, hungry for success, and looking to step into a national role?
Domestic and family violence is a major issue in Australia, and White Ribbon Australia is looking to create lasting, measurable change to prevent men’s violence against women and their children, by engaging with men.
You can help.
We’re looking for a highly motivated National Sales Representative to help grow our globally recognised Workplace Accreditation Program, and reach hundreds of thousands more Australians with the information and tools they need to prevent violence and manage incidents of violence, sexual harassment and abuse.
The program is offered on a fee-for-service basis and already has more than 600 organisations on-board, including private companies, Government and Not-For-Profits. It’s highly regarded and effective… but there’s so much more to do.
That’s why we need YOU.
Become part of the solution: join us.
Role details below.
This full time role is responsible for sales activity and business development for White Ribbon Australia’s leading-edge Workplace Accreditation Program, a fee for service program.
The National Sales Representative for Workplaces will create opportunities for social and cultural change by proactively engaging with organisations to start the program.
The National Sales Representative for Workplaces will be self-motivated and confident, with strong commitment to providing outstanding customer service and sales. This role will take workplaces from initial expression of interest to start on the program. The position involves sourcing and closing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls.
White Ribbon Vision:
A nation that respects women, and in which every woman can live in safety, free from all forms of men’s violence.
White Ribbon Purpose:
Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace culture where all our staff are valued and recognised for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives. We acknowledge the skills and perspectives that people may bring to the workplace by gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or other difference. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
White Ribbon Australia is offering EAP, eight weeks parental leave for all employees, flexible work arrangements and working from home arrangements .
We are committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion which supports all employees to reach their full potential. Our commitment is demonstrated through workplace diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and initiatives.
The Workplace Program:
The White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation Program recognises workplaces that are taking active steps to stop violence against women, accrediting them as a White Ribbon Workplace.
White Ribbon Workplaces engender a whole of organisation commitment to stop violence against women, meeting 15 criteria under three standards to create a safer and more respectful workplace.
The program builds on existing gender equality and diversity initiatives, providing the tools to strengthen a culture of respect and gender equality at all levels of the organisation. The program supports organisations to respond to and prevent violence against women, whether it occurs inside or outside the organisation, through supporting women experiencing violence, holding perpetrators to account, supporting all employees to challenge inappropriate behaviour and strengthening gender equality within the broader community.
The Workplace Accreditation Program is internationally recognised and has reached over 600,000 employees nationally. The program has been independently evaluated and referenced by a group of HR, human rights, domestic violence and education professionals, ensuring a best practice product.
- 166 accredited workplaces nationally
- 80 participating organisations
- The program has reached over 600,000 employees nationally
The Workplace Program aims to inspire and provide a sustainable platform for Australian workplaces to achieve the following:
- To raise awareness and understanding of the issues surrounding violence against women with the aim of changing attitudes and behaviours that allow it to occur in our communities;
- and to provide workplaces with the tools to respond effectively to incidents, whether they occur internal or external to the workplace
Essential Selection Criteria
This is a target driven role and requires the post holder to have the ability to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Proven ability to work towards and exceed Key KPI’s, which includes sales, service and quality targets.
- Ability to carry out business development, including making speculative/cold approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and forge connections and collaborative partnerships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds that enhance organisational goals.
- Strong commitment to providing outstanding customer service and sales.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent presentation/group facilitation skills.
- High level of verbal/written skills that can be tailored to audience.
- A positive attitude and willingness to embrace change.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a positive interpersonal attitude.
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly to fulfil individual and team performance.
- Sales experience in the Charity sector (desirable but not essential)
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- Other related qualifications e.g. communications.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: National Sales Representative for Workplaces via White Ribbon Australia.
Job interviews are commencing in the week 15 July 2019.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This full time role is based in North Sydney.