Promoting your event will not only increase the success of your fundraising event, but will help you to raise awareness of this important issue.
Spreading the word is easy:
- Local media: Contact local newspapers, radio or TV networks to advertise your event.
- Local newspapers are always keen to feature community events – give the newsdesk a call and let them know what you’re up to
- If you’re holding a public event, ask your newspaper or local TV news team to attend your event too
- Take lots of pictures – newspapers are more likely to profile your event if you can provide photos – send them through to the newsdesk and let them know how great your event was!
- Social media: spread the word on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – it’s a great way of engaging your friends and networks. Share what you are doing and why, and don’t forget to include the link to your Everyday Hero page!
- Letter of support: Ask your local community to support your White Ribbon Night – the more you spread the word, the more successful your night will be. To help approach your networks, we’ve put together a letter of support you can distribute.