Partnerships and Business Development Executive Manager (FT)
We are looking for a motivated, resourceful and experienced Corporate Partnerships Expert, with a passion for the work we do.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives on challenges, is a strategic thinker and loves executing ground breaking campaigns that deliver both strong sales and financial results. A positive, can – do attitude with the ability to manage multiple priorities and engage at all levels of the organisation is essential. Solid negotiation and customer-facing presentation skills are key to this role.
The Partnerships and Business Development Executive Manager position is a leadership role with a clear focus on revenue generation.
We are looking for an innovator who is inspired by everything around them. A commercial and highly skilled integrated partnering mind with sound knowledge of Not-For-Profit requirements and able to explore opportunities to collaborate with organisations whose CSR and SDG strategies strongly align with White Ribbon Australia’s values.
The right candidate will have:
- High level confidence, and strong strategic research, pitch & presentation skills.
- Responsibility for the strategic development of innovative and mutually beneficial national partnerships with the corporate community
- Demonstrated a proven track record of managing end – to – end results driven marketing communications leveraging campaigns.
- An understanding of cross-sector partnering opportunities with an ability to link social impact measurements.
The Executive Manager is responsible for:
- the engagement and relationship management of existing Partners and Business/Corporate Supporters, fostering these relationships for longevity and supporting them to deliver fundraising activities and maximise the funds raised commensurate with White Ribbon Values and Strategic Direction.
- the business development strategy and creation of a pipeline of new partnership opportunities, identifying and engaging business/corporate prospects from new and existing stakeholders and implementing strategies to secure formalised financial commitments.
- providing leadership and guiding the development of new strategies to support income growth.
With increasing the number of partnerships and growing income the key priority of this role, the position focuses on revenue generating relationships and directs resources towards maximising contributions from corporates.
A full position description is attached here.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
Courage– courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
Integrity– ethical, honest and accountable to all
Respect– compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
Collaboration– working collaboratively to drive positive social change
Leadership– leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace culture where all our staff are valued and recognised for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives. We acknowledge the skills and perspectives that people may bring to the workplace by gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or other difference. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
White Ribbon Australia is offering EAP, eight weeks parental leave for all employees, flexible work arrangements, working from home arrangements and mentoring support from our external Partnership Advisor.
We are committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion which supports all employees to reach their full potential. Our commitment is demonstrated through workplace diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and initiatives.
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least 5 years demonstrated achievement in the areas of business development, external partner engagement, client relationship management and knowledge management.
- Proven track record in preparing and presenting proposals for corporates to secure funding.
- Ability to close and manage partnership agreements while properly balancing organisation’s goals, speed, and economic potential.
- Energetic, proactive self-starter who is highly capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to drive forward partnerships.
- valuate the financial and non-financial benefits and risks of new partnerships.
- Take primary responsibility for the execution and integration of new partnerships.
- Have experience in managing multiple stakeholders at varying levels of influence.
- Demonstrated ability to forge and maintain strong and collaborative partnerships that enhance organisational capacity and sustainability.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and forge connections and collaborative partnerships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds that enhance organisational goals.
- High standard of competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Outstanding experience in CRM databases (Salesforce, Raisers Edge, ThankQ, IMIS, etc)
- Strong relationship building skills with proven ability to coordinate groups with competing priorities.
- Superior oral and written, interpersonal, relationship management and conflict resolution skills.
- Efficient with ability to multi-task, maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- A creative thinker who shows initiative – able to independently make decisions and problem solve.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a positive interpersonal attitude.
- Willingness to work and travel outside of hours.
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field, such as finance, marketing and communication, fundraising and event management and/or equivalent advanced work experience.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Understanding of the challenges facing the not-for-profit sector and future opportunities
- Experience in the development and delivery of fundraising activities.
- Experience in creating and developing cross sector partnering initiatives
- An exceptional network of business contacts, particularly in the enterprise space, and the ability to leverage those contacts to facilitate partnership opportunities.
- Certificate in Fundraising / Philanthropic studies or equivalent / equivalent work experience.
- Other related qualifications e.g. event management, volunteer management, communication, cross sector partnering
How to Apply
- Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Executive Manager Partnerships and Business Development via White Ribbon Australia website.
- We would like to fill the position as soon as possible.
- This role is based in North Sydney
- All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.