Research and Policy Manager (PT)
This flexible part-time role (24-30 hours) is responsible for keeping abreast of critical research relevant to White Ribbon’s strategic and operational imperatives and ensuring the Executive Team and operational Programs are well informed. The role provides professional support to the work of White Ribbon Australia in engaging in the policy, research and advocacy functions, by influencing public policy, identifying emerging policy issues and trends within the primary prevention and related sectors, and facilitating appropriate positioning in line with the organisation’s strategic direction.
The role works across the organisation informing planning, policy and the development of programs. It also works closely with the Marketing and Communications’ Portfolio to translate research findings for White Ribbon Australia’s various audiences and communicating the impact of White Ribbon Australia’s work. The position will also be responsible for driving the ongoing development and review of a range of key written and on line resources, position statements and other key documents.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon Australia is a social movement engaging primary preventative principles to bring about cultural and generational change through education.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
Essential Selection Criteria
- High level tertiary qualifications in Social Policy, Social Research or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated expert managerial experience in the research and social policy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesise complex content into digestible information across a range of formats.
- Sound understanding of and experience in social change objectives and research strategies.
- High level capacity to build strategic partnerships with relevant researchers and other stakeholders.
- High level understanding of the primary prevention of Violence against Women sector.
- Demonstrated capacity to work at the strategic national level and in working with multi-faceted, integrated team operational environment.
- High level experience in relationship development and support across a range of relevant social policy and research organisations.
- High level experience identifying and sharing external research and findings to diverse operational teams.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research, analysis and reporting.
- Highly developed analytical and communications skills.
- Commitment to achieving high quality, innovative results.
- Ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and with initiative to fulfill both individual and team performance targets.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills; high level of initiative and integrity.
- High level attention to detail.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Experience in community services or the For Purpose Sector.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- Experience working with academics and researchers.
- Communications Expertise.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Research and Policy Manager via White Ribbon Australia.
We would like to fill the position as soon as possible.
This role is based in North Sydney and the salary band is from FTE $85K – $105K (inclusive 9.5% superannuation).
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.