Schools Program – Executive Manager (FT)
The role provides strategic oversight and operational management to the White Ribbon Respectful Relationship Education Program.
Managing the ongoing development and implementation of education focused initiatives to provide pathways and tools to drive positive cultural and generational change amongst young Australians.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon Australia is a social movement engaging primary preventative principles to bring about cultural and generational change through education. The White Ribbon Respectful Relationship Education Program in schools provides teachers with the fundamental knowledge to incorporate respectful relationships education into the curriculum and well-being framework of each individual school. This way we can influence cultural change now and generational change in the future.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
Essential Selection Criteria
- Capacity to contribute to organisational strategy via the achievement of operational performance and quality outcomes.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in program management skills, including program development and planning, financial management and funding agreements/ contract management.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of services / programs to the education and/or youth sector.
- Knowledge of pedagogical approaches and knowledge management strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, reporting and managing research and evaluation frameworks and methodologies against program objectives.
- High-level verbal and written communication and negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills particularly in presentation, facilitation and consultation.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and communicating with relevant internal and external stakeholders including a range of government, NGO, community, corporate and philanthropic organisations.
- High-level competency in the Microsoft Office and data management.
- Demonstrated flexibility, enthusiasm and resilience.
- Understanding of the workings and structure of Education Departments across Australia.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline eg Education, Social Sciences.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- Other related qualifications e.g. management, communication.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Schools Program – Executive Manager via White Ribbon Australia.
Application closes 9am Monday 24 April 2017.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.