Social Impact Coordinator (PT)
This flexible part time role (24 hours) provides for ongoing development, coordination, and support of the evidence base of the effectiveness of the primary prevention work of White Ribbon Australia within a Results and Accountability, best practice based framework. The role is responsible for the demonstration of the social impact of White Ribbon Australia’s primary prevention activities as a result of evaluation and research.
The Social Impact Coordinator is also responsible for keeping abreast of research relevant to social impact measures, White Ribbon’s strategic and operational imperatives and ensuring the Executive Team is kept informed. In collaboration with the Research and Policy Manager, this role will be working closely with the marketing and communications team in communicating the impact of White Ribbon Australia’s work and supporting the delivery of portfolio’s requirements.
White Ribbon Vision and Purpose:
White Ribbon Australia is a social movement engaging primary preventative principles to bring about cultural and generational change through education.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
Essential Selection Criteria
- Social Research PhD or Master Degree or equivalent high level tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline.
- Sound understanding of and experience in social change objectives and strategies.
- Experience in developing, implementing and administering data collection tools and analysing results.
- High level understanding of social impact measurement theory and practice.
- Experience in using quantitative and qualitative research and critical thinking skills (eg research, analysis and reporting).
- Understanding of the primary prevention of Violence against Women sector.
- Demonstrated capacity to work at the strategic national level and in working with multi-faceted, integrated team operational environment.
- High level experience in relationship development and maintenance with relevant research organisations.
- Highly developed communications skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to achieving high quality, innovative results.
- Ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and with initiative to fulfill both individual and team performance targets.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills; high level of initiative.
- High level attention to detail.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in community services or the for purpose sector.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- Familiarity with Results Based Accountability.
- Experience working with academics, researchers and independent evaluators.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Social Impact Coordinator via White Ribbon Australia.
We would like to fill the position as soon as possible.
This role is based in North Sydney and the salary band is from FTE $70K – $80K (inclusive 9.5% superannuation).
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.