White Ribbon’s Fatherhood Program engages men – as dads, soon-to-be dads, or those in caring roles – to create positive social change. Program participants are empowered to redefine masculinity, embrace gender equality, and learn about the importance of being positive role models to influence Australia’s future generations of boys.
Through our Fatherhood work White Ribbon engages and supports men to:
- Better understand and appreciate their role as fathers and soon to be fathers/father figures
- Develop, maintain and role model healthy and respectful relationships with children and their families
- Build their capacity to act as positive agents of change in their community
To achieve this, White Ribbon’s Fatherhood Program will develop and provide:
- face-to-face workshops and skill-building sessions
- factsheets and educational materials, including e-learning, webinars and toolkits
- community engagement activities and events
- community and organisational collaborations and projects
- marketing and creative campaigns
- expert reference group to ensure best practice and stakeholder consultation
- access to national and international best practice.
Ultimately, the aim of White Ribbon’s Fatherhood Program is to create a cohort of non-violent, equality-minded, future-focused nurturing fathers who become more actively involved in the lives of their partners and children in ways that positively influence future generations.