White Ribbon Australia’s vision is a nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s violence and abuse. If you would like to register an activity, hold an event or your company is interested in becoming a White Ribbon Partner or Corporate Supporter, the following corporate guidelines need to be considered and adhered to.
White Ribbon Australia relies on donations and fundraising from corporate Australia and the community to continue our important work. Your organisation’s financial support enables us to further develop our primary prevention programs and to strengthen and broaden the reach of our work to prevent of men’s violence against women – we truly appreciate your support.
White Ribbon Australia is unable to support companies, organisations or activities that we perceive to undermine White Ribbon’s vision. These include but are not limited to:
- initiatives that position women as bearing responsibility for preventing men’s violence against them (including safety devices).
- artwork, products and activities involving the perceived objectification and manipulation of women or men (including calendars and shows).
- practices that use marketing techniques which contribute to gender inequality.
- practices that sexually discriminate.
- proceeds from the manufacture or sale of tobacco.
- proceeds from gambling, such as casinos, corporate bookmakers and state-based pari-mutuel organisations.
- practices that abuse and/or endanger Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If your company operates within an industry not outlined above and would like to become an Official Partner or Corporate Supporter, please email email@example.com.
If your company would like to hold an event or support White Ribbon in your own way, please register your activity here.
Regarding movie nights
White Ribbon are aware that many community fundraisers hold movie nights to raise funds for White Ribbon. We can not endorse ‘White Ribbon movie nights’ as many films contain content which falls into one or more of the criteria above.
If you are holding a movie night to raise funds for White Ribbon, you may only use the “In Support of White Ribbon” logo if you:
- make every effort to ensure the movie screened does not contain content which may be perceived to undermine White Ribbon’s vision (including the movie promotions and marketing)
- ensure the following wording is on all marketing materials produced:
‘Please note White Ribbon Australia does not endorse the specific movie chosen for this film night’.
Regarding plays, shows and theatre productions
White Ribbon Australia is unable to endorse or partner with theatre productions or plays where content is not known and where promotions, content or marketing may be perceived to undermine White Ribbon’s vision. We may provide an “In Support of White Ribbon” logo for plays and productions aligning with White Ribbon’s core values and where an existing relationship is established through a White Ribbon School, White Ribbon Workplace, White Ribbon Partner, White Ribbon Ambassador or White Ribbon Advocate.
Regarding martial arts and associated sports
Formal sporting clubs and contests, including martial arts, have structures and rules for engagement including ensuring participant (male or female) consent to engage in the activity.
White Ribbon Australia appreciates the value of sports including martial arts for all and appreciates that women choose to engage in sports of various disciplines which they enjoy. We acknowledge that individuals have different motivations for participation in and varying experiences of various martial arts, i.e. physical health benefits, enjoyment of the activity, or meeting new people etc.
Whilst we are unable to “endorse” sporting activities, such as some self-defense classes, where promotions, content or marketing may be perceived to undermine White Ribbon’s vision, we may accept and provide an ‘in support of’ logo for activities which align with White Ribbon’s core values.
If you are unsure about your activity or would like to discuss how your company can support White Ribbon, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.