Become an Ambassador
Thank you for your interest in White Ribbon Australia’s Ambassador Program.
White Ribbon Australia, as part of the global White Ribbon movement, engages men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
Our vision is to have a nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety, free from all forms of men’s abuse. We focus on primary prevention: stopping the violence before it starts.
As part of the ongoing development of the Ambassador Program in 2017, and in conjunction with the finalisation of the Ambassador Re-committal process, please be advised that we are currently not recruiting Ambassadors and as a result no new White Ribbon Ambassadors applications will be accepted until after July 2017. By this time the recommittal process will be complete and we will have also reviewed the Program Model ready for the launch of its revised approach. This follows ongoing development of the Program in the first part of this year and consultation with key stakeholders.
In the meantime and as part of your White Ribbon journey, we encourage interested individuals to undertake our eLearning course Understanding Men’s Violence Against Women and familiarise themselves with White Ribbon key educational materials, which includes our updated fact sheets, and online video content. http://elearning.whiteribbon.org.au/
Furthermore, we encourage you to visit the links below for information, and resources on how to engage and support your community in preventing men’s violence against women:
- Learn the facts about men’s violence against women by visiting our facts sheets. https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/understand-domestic-violence/facts-violence-women/factsheets/
- Find out more about our engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and Multicultural communities through our Diversity Program. https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/stop-violence-against-women/what-white-ribbon-does/working-diverse-communities/
- Advocate for your workplace to become accredited through our Workplace Accreditation Program. https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/stop-violence-against-women/what-white-ribbon-does/workplace-accreditation/
- Encourage your local school to undertake the Breaking the Silence Schools Program. https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/stop-violence-against-women/what-white-ribbon-does/schools-program/
- Visit our White Ribbon YouTube channel to learn and share our videos with your friends. https://www.youtube.com/user/WhiteRibbonAust
- Host, support, and participate in White Ribbon Events. https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/stop-violence-against-women/events/host-an-event/
- Challenge yourself by joining a White Ribbon physical challenge to raise funds for primary our prevention work. https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/stop-violence-against-women/what-you-can-do/fundraise/set-fundraising-page/
- Engage your friends via social media on the topic our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
We continue to broaden the opportunities for men to play an active role in their communities and become part of the White Ribbon social change movement working to prevent men’s violence against women. We encourage you to share your feedback, stories and journeys on how best you think this can be achieved.
Thank you again for enquiring about the White Ribbon Ambassador Program and we look forward to your ongoing support and to sharing with you the redeveloped program in July 2017. In the meantime we will be providing regular up-dates on ongoing developments.
Our commitment to diversity
White Ribbon is committed to reflecting the diversity of the Australian community and encourages men committed to preventing men’s violence against women to become White Ribbon Ambassadors.