White Ribbon advocates for gender equality and primary prevention. Our advocacy activities include:
- Position statements
- Submissions to inquiries
- Responses to proposed amendments to legislation
- Participation in councils, roundtables, advisory boards
Open letter to Minister Kean and Minister Goward on Improving options for victims of domestic violence who are renting – prepared by Women’s Legal Service NSW and signed by White Ribbon Australia and 86 other organisations.
Submission to the parliamentary inquiry into a better family law system to support and protect those affected by family violence – prepared by Women’s Legal Services Australia and endorsed by White Ribbon Australia and 8 other organisations.
Submission to the National Centre of Excellence to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children Proposals for research areas, research topics and research issues for inclusion in the National Research Agenda.
White Ribbon is a member of:
- NSW Family and Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Council
- National Community Attitudes Survey Project Advisory Group
- National Action Plan Partners: Communication Alliance
- Sentencing Advisory Council Victoria
- NSW Forced Marriage Network
- Multicultural NSW Multicultural Coordinators’ Group