White Ribbon Internship (Volunteer Position-Advocates)
Part time: 2 days per week 10am to 4pm
Duration: 12 weeks with possible extension
Start date: 9th July 2018
A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
• Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
• Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
• Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
• Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
• Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
White Ribbon Australia is seeking individuals who would like to undertake a voluntary internship with an organisation committed to the prevention of men’s violence against women. Internships will be appointed to various portfolios to assist with data management, research and general program implementation.
White Ribbon Advocates are female representatives of White Ribbon who promote gender equality, respectful relationships and the engagement of men in order to see a nation in which every woman lives in safety, free from men’s violence and abuse.
White Ribbon Advocates stand alongside White Ribbon Ambassadors at the forefront of White Ribbon as a community owned social movement. Advocates actively engage men in their spheres of influence to see the social change necessary to end men’s violence against women.
• Upload and coordinate Advocate online profiles
• Maintain Advocate master database
• Process Ambassador/Advocate applications.
• Maintain visual map of constituent location
• Identify under-performing Advocates from analysing various data sources
• Send communications to Advocates of KMA progress
• Coordinate Advocate and Supporter newsletter material
• Assist in the management of Advocate and Supporter e-mail boxes
• Assist in the organisation of Advocate Welcome Dinners
• Assist in the organisation of Ambassador, Advocate and Supporter F2F workshops
• Support in ongoing IMF requirement
How to apply for this internship:
Please address your application to Human Resources, White Ribbon Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: White Ribbon Intern Application Advocates
All applicants MUST submit a cover letter, and a resume.
Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.