White Ribbon Internship (Volunteer Position-Ambassadors)
Part time: 2 days per week 10am to 4pm
Duration: 12 weeks with possible extension
Start date: 9th July 2018
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
• Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
• Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
• Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
• Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
• Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
White Ribbon Australia is seeking individuals who would like to undertake a voluntary internship with an organisation committed to the prevention of men’s violence against women. Internships will be appointed to various portfolios to assist with data management, research and general program implementation.
White Ribbon Ambassadors are trained men who recognise the importance of men taking responsibility and being part of the solution to end the violence, abuse and inequality faced by women across Australia. They are essential supporters who volunteer their time and energy into promoting the work of White Ribbon. Along with White Ribbon Advocates, Ambassadors are our official representatives who stand up, speak out and act to prevent men’s violence against women.
White Ribbon Ambassadors stand alongside White Ribbon Advocates at the forefront of White Ribbon as a community owned social movement. Ambassadors actively engage men in their spheres of influence to see the social change necessary to end men’s violence against women.
• Research and secure Ambassadors for community events across Australia using our database and various telecommunication systems and platforms.
• Assisting with data cleansing and integration of Ambassadors information into eTapestry and other database systems as required.
• Assisting with administrative functions of the approval process of new Ambassadors.
• Assisting with administrative functions and development of the Ambassador Program
• Assistance in finalising process for successful Ambassadors.
• Engaging in correspondence with and support of Ambassadors
• Research content development and sourcing of information for the Ambassadors State and Territory Bi-Monthly Newsletters.
• Assist with other duties and activities as requested.
How to apply for this internship:
Please address your application to Human Resources, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: White Ribbon Intern Application Ambassadors
All applicants MUST submit a cover letter, and a resume.
Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.