White Ribbon Internship (Volunteer Position-Sports Engagement)
Part time: 2 days per week 10am to 4pm
Duration: 12 weeks with possible extension
Start date: 9th July 2018
A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
• Courage – courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
• Integrity – ethical, honest and accountable to all
• Respect – compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
• Collaboration – working collaboratively to drive positive social change
• Leadership – leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
White Ribbon Australia is seeking individuals who would like to undertake a voluntary internship with an organisation committed to the prevention of men’s violence against women. Internships will be appointed to various portfolios to assist with data management, research and general program implementation.
Sport is a critical channel for raising awareness of the importance of respectful relationships throughout codes, clubs, members and fans. Millions of men, women, boys and girls play sport at some point in their lives, and it is important that the prevention of men’s violence against women is incorporated into training, games, events and broadcasting to reach further into the community and highlight a zero tolerance approach.
• Organise and coordinate sports club game day and event activations
• Develop strategic infrastructure for engaging with sports clubs and codes
• Maintain consistent communication with Community Supporters around White Ribbon sports engagement
• Facilitate initial contact with sports clubs and codes we are yet to formally engage with
• Develop and facilitate unique projects or programs with our Community Supporter sports clubs
• Develop reporting strategies for both internal and external audiences/stakeholders
• Assist with other duties and activities as requested.
How to apply for this internship:
Please address your application to Human Resources, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: White Ribbon Intern Application Sports Engagement
All applicants MUST submit a cover letter, and a resume.
Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.