Workplace Program Operations Manager
This full time role is responsible for driving business development and managing the operations of the White Ribbon Australia Workplace Accreditation Program. This includes performance management, target setting, coordinating the acquisition of workplaces and ensuring successful Program implementation and service delivery against contractual deliverables. This role contributes to management of service design and delivery.
The Workplace Program aims to inspire and provide a sustainable platform for Australian workplaces to raise awareness and understanding of the issues surrounding men’s violence against women with the aim of changing attitudes and behaviours that allow it to occur in our communities. It provides workplaces with the tools to strengthen gender equality, respectful relationships, safety and support for staff.
The Workplace Program aims to inspire and provide a sustainable platform for Australian workplaces to achieve the following:
- To raise awareness and understanding of the issues surrounding violence against women with the aim of changing attitudes and behaviours that allow it to occur in our communities; and
- To provide workplaces with the tools to respond effectively to incidents, whether they occur internal or external to the workplace.
|White Ribbon Vision and Purpose|
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end men’s violence against women and girls. White Ribbon Australia, as part of this global social movement, works through a primary prevention approach understanding that men are central to seeing the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. Through community engagement, we engage men to stand up, speak out and act to influence the actions of men, demand change and drive gender equality.
Vision: A nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety free from all forms of men’s abuse.
Purpose: Engaging men to make women’s safety a man’s issue too.
White Ribbon Core Values:
- Courage– courage in facing challenge and finding creative, innovative solutions
- Integrity– ethical, honest and accountable to all
- Respect– compassionate, honouring and acknowledging difference and upholding dignity
- Collaboration– working collaboratively to drive positive social change
- Leadership– leaders in driving lasting, positive, normative change
We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace culture where all our staff are valued and recognised for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives. We acknowledge the skills and perspectives that people may bring to the workplace by gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or other difference. We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion which supports all employees to reach their full potential. Our commitment is demonstrated through workplace diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and initiatives. White Ribbon Australia is offering flexible work arrangements, working from home arrangements, EAP and eight weeks parental leave for all employees.
Essential Selection Criteria
- High level of people management experience.
- Sales/business development management experience.
- Excellent presentation/group facilitation skills.
- High level of verbal/written skills that can be tailored to audience.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of programs including financial and contract management, and reporting.
- Understanding of stakeholder engagement models relevant to achieving social change.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and forge connections and collaborative partnerships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds that enhance organisational goals.
- A commitment to inclusive practices that enhance access for people from CALD or ATSI backgrounds to services and participation in national campaigns.
- Demonstrated capacity to work at the strategic national level and in working with advisory / reference groups.
- Ability to prioritise and work collaboratively and flexibly to fulfil individual performance targets/expectations.
- High-level competency in Microsoft Office and data management.
- Willingness to work outside of hours and travel inter and intra State.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences, Social Policy, Program Management or equivalent work based experience.
- Experience in community services or the not-for-profit sector.
- An understanding of WH&S principles in the workplace.
- Other related qualifications e.g. management.
A full position description is attached here.
Please address your application to HR Manager, White Ribbon Australia: email@example.com using the subject line: Workplace Program Operations Manager via White Ribbon Australia.
Interviews are scheduled for the week starting 3 June 2019.
All applicants MUST submit a covering letter, resume and address the selection criteria. Any application that does not address these areas will not be considered.
This full time role is based in North Sydney and the salary band is $95k – 105K (inclusive 9.5% superannuation).